psa: another “burn book” blog has popped up: therpersburnbook. i highly advise blocking it if you’re against the type of blogging it advocates, as i am.
this roleplay community is anything but perfect, but personally i think there are less childish or hurtful ways of going about trying to improve it.
Officially set up a commissions page, I feel all business-y now. :l
this is what i just picked up from the grocery store. it cost $32. Thirty. two. dollars. for 1 pineapple, 2 bags of grapes, a small container of raspberries, 1 soft drink and 2/$1 nuts….
do you know how much junk food i could have for $32? do you have any clue how much McDonald’s you can get for $32?
stop shaming fat people poorer than you or people poorer than you in general for not eating healthier. stop lying about how cheap it is or how it’s comparable to fast food. just stop.
I really feel like you weren’t looking for deals. I see seven items there, which is, just looking at the cost you claimed it was, is a bad deal.
Chances are, raspberries are going to be expensive unless there is a sale where you get 2 things for $4-5. Don’t buy individual soft drinks, as they are going to be, overall, more expensive than buying even a six-pack.
I’m not shaming people for purchasing fast food, but I will shame you for not bargain hunting or going for the best deals and making it seem like eating healthy is more challenging than it is.
"Hey, how about one date?"
Seeing Zack in bbs always makes me so sad
YOU KNOW WHAT THE BEST THING EVER IS? IT’S SOULMATE AUS LIKE GOD DAMN I HAVE SEEN SO MANY ON FFN/LJ/AO3/TUMBLR OVER THE YEARS LIKE:
- the one where you only see color once you meet your soulmate (so you don’t know them until you see them), and it goes away when they die
- the one where you don’t know your soulmate until you touch them
- the one where you don’y know your soulmate until you hear them speak, or hear them speak a certain word; your name, for example
- the one where you get the name of the person in their handwriting on your body somewhere at a certain age
- the one where the first thing they say to you appears instead
- the one where you get each others’ fingerprints
- the one where you get matching marks/symbols/tattoos
- the one where your marks or words that change depending on what’s going on with your soulmate
- the one with the clock that counts down the time until you meet your soulmate
- the one where when you sleep you dream of whatever they’re experiencing from their point of view until you find them, or AFTER you find them
- the one where you can straight up talk to them in dreams until/after you find them
- the one where you form a telepathic/empathetic link until/after you find them
- the one where you share extreme physical sensation until/after you find them; if one of you hurts the other one hurts, if one of you is getting lucky the other one gets a little hot and bothered
- the one where the closer you are to them the more aware of them you become, and you find them playing a hot/cold game; for instance, colors get brighter and brighter the closer you are and fade into gray when they’re too far away
- the one where once you turn a certain age/one night a year you swap bodies with them for one night and you have a limited amount of time to leave/collect clues to their identity
- the one where being next to your soulmate can heal you from things people don’t normally heal from
- the one where only your soulmate can kill you (can you still be killed by age/disease? who knows!)
- the one where reincarnation is also a thing and meeting your soulmate either unlocks or erases memories or your past lives until the next one
- the one where in universes with magic meeting your soulmate activates your powers/unlocks more powerful magic
SOULMATE AUS WITH COMPLICATIONS:
- blind characters who can’t see if the world’s in color or black and white
- characters like x-men’s rogue who literally can’t touch people; characters who have been through trauma who don’t want to touch people
- hard of hearing characters like clint barton who can’t hear their soulmate speak without hearing aids/at all or on the flipside characters who can’t speak; maybe it still works in sign language, or maybe it doesn’t
- people who can’t read/can’t read the language the words on their body are in
- characters like bucky barnes who’ve lost hands and/or had their fingerprints removed
- soulmate clocks that time out in the middle of the crowd; there’s an entire craigslist category for finding who else was there that day with a clock that timed out too
- famous characters speaking to or performing for a crowd and suddenly their world is in color/thier clock times out/etc and every member of the audience pretends to be this celebrity’s soulmate and a cinderella type situation ensues with the finding
- soulmates playing the hot/cold game and they kEEP MISSING EACH OTHER
- insomniacs who rarely sleep, much less at the same time/different time than their soulmate
- soulmate ot3s/ot4s/otmores where you dream in varying people’s povs every time you sleep and get super confused
- people who get sick or injured and frantically search for their soulmate so they can survive
- people who need to be in medically induced comas and their soulmates have to stay away so they don’t accidentally wake them up
- the one where soulbonding is actually a choice and someone chooses to bond with someone they may not know or like to save their lives
- new souls who don’t get memories of past lives because they don’t have one and panic
- muggles/people without powers who don’t get them upgraded or unlocked
- the one where you one or both of you have to do all three (see your soulmate, touch your soulmate, hear your soulmate), or all three have to happen at least once between the 2+ of you
- or it’s completely random how you find your soulmate: one of you gets a name and the other gets a fingerprint, one of you has to hear your soulmate and one of you has to see them, etc; particularly useful if you happen to be blind or deaf
- same for characters with disabilities/who have “complications”: they get or find a different way of finding their soulmate, not better or worse, just different
THEN THERE’S SOULMATE AUS THAT DON’T HAVE TO CONFORM TO LIFELONG MONOGAMY:
- the ones where you have more than one romantic soulmate at the same time or you get a new soulmate after the first die
- the ones where people have multiple soulmates of different types and it’s color coded; a red name/mark/etc for love, a blue one for friendship; for the ones where you start seeing color you get a new one for each soulmate
- the ones where some people have romantic soulmates and some don’t, and those that don’t are still perfectly happy anyway, maybe in a relationship anyway, maybe not
- the ones where some people have multiple romantic soulmates who may or may not also be soulmates with each other
- aromantic or asexual people who have soulmates who are not and they manage to work it out
- romantic and sexual people who don’t have soulmates but find happiness anyway, either with someone like them or someone not like them
SOULMATE AUS THAT EXPLORE THE RAMIFICATIONS OF SOULMATES BEING A THING:
- the ones where soulmates are for everyone and get legal aid to help stay together, like if their in-laws try to keep them apart/someone risks getting deported/someone gets drafted/whatever
- the ones where soulmates are super super rare and TECHNICALLY get exempted from shitty things like “people of different races/the same sex/etc can’t get married/have relations/etc” but maybe still face a lot of prejudice and they fight to get those types of awful laws lifted for everyone
- agencies that exist to help you find your soulmate or figure out which soulmate thing you have but some of them are just shams, bonus points for this being in a verse where the thing is exceedingly rare to begin with
- people pretending to be soulmates to take advantage of the laws, for good or ill; the couple who loves just as fiercely as a soulmates who will do anything to stay together, or the shitty people who try to claim they’re mated to people who’ve rejected them so they “have” to stay together
- tabloid mags photoshopping matching soulmate marks or following big legal cases where someone tries to prove or disprove that they are soulmates with someone else
- soulmates in universes where they’re a rarity or rare soulmate types like ot3s in dodging government officials because they don’t want to become lab rats
- people who don’t believe in soulmates until it happens to them, or people who believe hardcore and want to find theirs but they don’t necessarily have one
- little rituals that make finding your soulmate more likely, like shaking hands with people as often as possible, repeating each other’s names after you’re introduced, etc
just give me alllll the soulmate aus ok, give me people finding each other in spite of complications, give me all the delightful plot twists, give me detailed worlds where this changes the norms
feel free to reblog with sources! (or MORE AUS.) a little over half of these are things i’ve seen elsewhere over time and i cannot remember where they are all from
haha or if you’re into this sorta thingyou could just take pity on me and reblog it anyway this took an embarrassingly long time to type up oh my god ;;;;;;;;;